Inspire Therapy for Sleep Apnea
Inspire therapy can help.
Inspire therapy is a breakthrough implantable treatment option for people with Obstructive Sleep Apnea who are unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP. While you are sleeping, Inspire monitors every breath you take. Based on your unique breathing patterns, the system delivers mild stimulation to the hypoglossal nerve, which controls the movement of your tongue and other key airway muscles. By stimulating these muscles, the airway remains open during sleep.
Get the restful night’s sleep you’ve been missing.
Inspire therapy is controlled by a small handheld sleep remote. The remote allows you to turn Inspire therapy on before bed and off when you wake up, increase and decrease stimulation strength, and pause during the night if needed.
Here are some reasons people like you have chosen Inspire therapy to treat their sleep apnea.
Inspire therapy is safe, clinically proven, and FDA-approved.
The safety and effectiveness of Inspire therapy has been measured in over 37 peer-reviewed articles. Studies show patients using Inspire therapy experience significant reductions in sleep apnea events, increased daytime activity levels, and reduced daytime sleepiness
AVERAGE SLEEP APNEA EVENTS/HOUR (APNEA-HYPOPNEA INDEX)
1. Woodson et al. Three-Year Outcomes of Cranial Nerve Stimulation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, The STAR Trial. OTO-HNS, Nov 2015.
2. Gillespie et al. Upper Airway Stimulation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Patient- Reported Outcomes after 48 Months of
Follow-up. OTO-HNS, Feb 2017.
Snoring is one of the most common symptoms of sleep apnea. Bed partners were asked to report how intensely their partner snored and if they ever had to leave the room due to snoring both before and after their partner began using Inspire therapy. After four years of use, both snoring and the need to leave the room due to snoring decreased significantly2.
Bed Partner Reported Snoring
Bed Partner Leaves Room Due to Snoring
A doctor trained on Inspire will evaluate if Inspire therapy is right for you
- Inspire therapy is being reviewed and approved by insurance providers on a case by case basis
- As of January 2018, over 230 insurance providers have covered the cost of the procedure, while Medicare is approving Inspire therapy based on medical necessity
- Inspire is also on the Federal Supply Schedule, making it available for active military members, veterans, and their beneficiaries at select VA and military hospitals across the US
- The insurance team at Inspire Medical Systems will work with your doctor to submit a request for insurance approval before the procedure
- If you are given approval, the surgery will be scheduled
- Patients can typically expect to pay the cost of any unmet deductible for the year, along with any required copay or coinsurance fee for a surgery