Pacific Pulmonary Medical Group is dedicated to offer the most advanced diagnostic testing and innovative treatments for patients with severe and refractory asthma, and allergic airways disorders.
Our promise to our patients is to deliver comprehensive, consistent, targeted patient care with state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment services to the patients with the most complex cases of asthma, and improve asthma control, patient symptoms, and prevent ER visits and hospital admissions through proactive outpatient management.
We offer a full range of clinical services including:
- Comprehensive consultation services
- Pulmonary function testing
- Occupational and environmental asthma evaluation
- Testing for suspected sensitivity to aeroallergens, aspirin, foods, food additives (sulfites), latex and other suspected allergens
- Bronchoprovocation testing
- Evaluation and treatment of conditions that may mimic asthma including Vocal cord dysfunction, subglottic stenosis and airways obstructive lesions
- Clinic Laryngoscopic evaluation
- Diagnostic bronchoscopic procedures if indicated
- Initial management plans for newly diagnosed asthma cases and continued care when needed
- Evaluation and management of comorbidities like chronic sinusitis, and uncontrolled Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Aspirin desensitization to develop tolerance to aspirin and similar drugs for patients with aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease
- Specialized testing to determine how well your asthma is being controlled
Our physicians have a particular expertise in refractory asthma, or poorly controlled asthma. For patients with refractory asthma, our specialists offer innovative diagnostic and treatment services that are at the forefront of asthma care including:
- Anti-IgE therapy (Omalizumab/ Xolair therapy) for refractory asthma
- Bronchial Thermoplasty, a novel treatment procedure for selected patient with severe or persistent asthma. It is designed to reduce the contractility of airway smooth muscle by delivering precisely- controlled thermal energy to the airway walls using a bronchoscopically introduced catheter.
Request an appointment today with one of our asthma specialists at (951) 781-3672.